Using Slack with ActiveDEMAND
ActiveDEMAND now offers native Slack integration. The popular instant messaging platform is quickly becoming the defacto standard in marketing agencies and inside other forward-looking businesses. Now with native integration, you can improve communications with your internal teams. Slack has some advantages over using email for some types of alerts and communications.
- Channels are better organized and centralized compared with email filters.
- Channels can be public or private and can have a group, so it’s easier to show individuals taking action on a Slack vs email.
The integration comes with the option to fire Slack messages from:
1. Inside Campaign Calendars
Adding a quick Slack message to your campaigns is a great way of notifying your internal marketing team, management, or other stakeholders of important campaign steps. Let everyone know that the big email is going out, that a critical campaign tweet is going out that day, or to mark the start or end of a big omnichannel campaign. Simply drag and drop the Slack icon to the Calendar day you want, pick a time and message, and as long as the campaign is active, your Slack message will go out to the channel of your choosing at that time.
2. Inside Workflows as a Workflow Action
ActiveDEMAND workflows are super configurable and you can now fire Slack messages from within them. Here, the possibilities are endless:
- Notify sales of leads
- Notify the correct project team of a closed sale
- Debug a complicated or low-volume workflow: add a slack step so that you can be sure it’s doing what you wanted it to do