Metrics Your Digital Marketing Agency Needs to be Reporting
Is reporting a priority for the digital marketing agency you’re associated with? It should be. If there’s one thing successful digital agencies know, it’s that it is not just what you did that matters…it’s the results you can prove. As such, the act of reporting constitutes a crucial portion of a digital marketing agency’s relationship with its clients; after all, and as you undoubtedly know, agencies must continuously demonstrate value, proving their work – and worth – over and over again to demonstrate how their tactics have helped clients succeed. To do so, agency team members must not only know how to perform their jobs well, but also how to demonstrate to clients the results of their work. Preparing reports on a regular basis will help to build relationships, educate clients, provide appropriate credit to your efforts and show transparency.
But which metrics should your agency be reporting on? With so many consumers still letting their “fingers do the walking,” digital marketing agencies must learn how to measure and analyze calls resulting from online searches…and now, as nearly all consumers (97-percent) use online media to shop, tracking phone calls resulting from marketing initiatives is more imperative than at any time in recent history.
By integrating phone call data with website analytics, agencies can see how these leads are interacting with a client’s website. As a marketing professional, your call tracking efforts should be reporting on the types of metrics that:
1. View the Complete Marketing Picture: With a combination of website analytics and call tracking, each and every lead can be accounted for, yielding a clear insight into what marketing initiatives are driving new, qualified leads and which are not.
2. Better Allocate Budgets: Do you structure your marketing campaigns to encompass keyword optimization, social media, media/blogger relations and both online and offline advertising? The ability to track each initiative’s effectiveness at generating quality leads is the only way to effectively maximize the impact of a client’s marketing budget.
3. Improve Campaign Performance: Similarly, analyzing how all leads are entering the sales funnel can help to more accurately identify under-performing elements of a campaign; for example: Which would you say is better?
Of the 100 visitors to each page:
- Landing Page A generated five form completions and 10 calls
- Landing Page B generated 10 form completions and two calls
Without call tracking, an agency may choose to adjust Landing Page A, when in reality it represents the better-performing page.
For those digital marketing agencies using call tracking, perhaps now is the time to begin asking your account executives some questions concerning what type of success they have seen and how the tactic has thus far helped their clients.
Get Your Free Call Tracking Account!
ActiveDEMAND Call Tracking software empowers you to manage multiple call tracking campaigns from one account. Don't just track incoming phone calls, the integrated ActiveDEMAND Call Tracking helps you get your phones ringing. Get your free call tracking account today!